Thursday, July 28, 2011

A New Adventure

Every time I talk about this fall, a bittersweet ache comes into my heart. I'm re-losing (ish) two of my dearest friends, I'm having to say goodbye to two of my other dearest friends, I'm taking 19 hours (that was my own choice, so I'm not complaining), I'm working at ballet (hopefully), I'm getting a bike, and I'm working at Chatt State. Although all these things are scary and new, I'm excited for the new adventure this year is going to be. My goal will be to challenge myself daily to never have a moment that isn't lived out fully.
So adventures and changes will be abundant.

The very first new adventure I'm taking on is going gluten free. For as long as I can remember, I've been sick, exhausted, and plagued by migraines and sinus headaches. SO, to combat this, I'm getting rid of the gluten in my life. It's going to be quite a culinary adventure because I'll have to make most of my own food. Hooray! I get to feel better and become a better cook!

Starting Monday, gluten will slowly be making its way out of my diet. I'm taking this whole thing one meal at a time, because I think it would be a bit much for me and my body to handle to be like BAM no gluten. So yeah, the first week I'm going one meal gluten free, then the next week two, then everything else.

Wish me luck!
Hopefully, I'll be blogging recipes and whatnot.

Mary Emily

p.s. the photograph is from Training Week at camp. The "Pine Forest" (a little grove of pine trees) was full of hammocks all week. Claire is the name of the girl with the lovely hair in the photo)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with going non-gluten!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica is gluten-free, too. It's possible! :) Because of her, a lot of our family meals are gluten-be-gone…. and they're actually delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! I am having a fine time with it as of now...but haha it's only been 3 days so...

    ReplyDelete