Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shedding our summer skin

I know I should be posting pictures from Texas and such, but I had to write about yesterday/ today. It was the first annual "Vattaroo" (apposed to Bonnaroo) and it was so fun. We had a bonfire last night and roasted marshmallows and played signs. When it was time for bed, we all laid on my back porch where we could see the stars. Jamie (one of my dearest friends) and I were saying how PERFECT it would be if we saw a shooting star, just then one SHOT across the sky. It was so amazing. In the morning we tie-dyed t-shirts and such (even a little baby t-shirt for my niece/nephew-to-be!!!) and that was soooo fun. We listened to great music all day as well on Micah's amp-he was SO nice and loaned it to me. Before everyone left completely, the people who were left (which happened to be all of my closest friends...'cept Micah, but he's a boy and doesn't count in this sense) wrote down special notes to ourselves. It was sentimental and stuff, but gosh, was it special. I love all of those girls, they're like my sisters. We stayed up late and played a bunch of silly games, but it was preacious, precious time spent with people I love so much.

As I was cleaning up after everyone left, the cicadas were chirping and fireflies were out. Wonderful memories from my summer flashed into my head. More than anything, I wanted, and still want, to cry. I loved this summer-it was sad and weird, but it was so PERFECT. Nothing-NOTHING, would I change about it, even the bad parts.

I'm now in the process of "shedding my summer skin" as the song says. But as I enter the school year, I know that I can hold nothing back ...and I'm ready.

Em

3 comments:

  1. Emily, thanks for such an awesome weekend and summer!!!!
    You're a great friend and i hope you realize that.
    I love youuuu!!!!!
    And yes, I think I'm almost ready to start school too. We can do this------so let's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks, Sara.
    You are too. I'm so thankful for my friends. You all are wonderful.
    I love you more =P
    LET'S DO THIS...hahaha "get some!"

    ReplyDelete