Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dusty old hymnals...

Are my good friends. (by the way, my photo is grainy because of the photo compressor I use...Blogger doesn't like how many MB my photos are...so yeah)


Yesterday I was listening to this:


and I thought to myself "Why do people try to write praise songs when they could just sing glorious poetry like that!?"

Moral of the story: People will forevermore be singing Amazing Grace and Holy Holy Holy. My mom barely remembers the silly praise songs from her youth...I mean, goodness, I hardly remember the ones that I hear every so often on the radio.
There's a reason for this. So yeah. If you find a hymnal, open it. Read. Enjoy the God-inspired verses. Turn down the radio and just meditate on the words in the old bound book.

Just a thought.
Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment