Sunday, September 11, 2011

ten years

ten years? has it really been ten years since I was shaking in the living room as I watched the fire and smoke on the television. ten years since my mom was crying and I didn't know why. I was only eight years old. I didn't realize the impact that this day would have.
the terror of the acts done on this day, ten years ago, has only grown more and more terrifying to me as I get older. I am still so young, but I have lived life and I have been free. how precious that is to me.
how precious that should be to you.
I hope with all of my heart that you remember this day. I hope you remember the fear, the uncertainty and the grief. I hope you remember who or what you clung to as you watched the images on the screen. I hope you remember what a nation under God truly feels like.
today is so important.
that is one thing I hope you never, ever forget.

1 comment: