Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hey I don't mind whatever you're going through.

Summer is here.
Summer, the word itself has an aftertaste of pink lemonade, cold water, and fudge pops. It hints of laughing with children at camp, laughing with friends in Haiti, and in general, lots of laughing.
I am so excited to laugh too much and to be happy again.
I feel like all I ever do is complain about how hard my life is. The truth is, everybody's life is hard on different levels. And compared to many people, my life is extremely comfortable.
Regardless.
This school year has been hard.
I told someone the other day that if a person came up to me and read my life to myself from the end of last summer to now-I wouldn't believe it.

I have too many thoughts running in my head about time and how it's dream-like when you start really thinking about it and about loving people properly in spite of being so broken myself and about how much my little decisions may effect other people in bigger ways than I intended.

If my life up to this point has taught me anything, it's been these things:

Love others truly. In the end, relationships are all we have in the concrete world.
There's nothing but the blood of Jesus. Without Christ and the Gospel there's no hope. None at all. And that's terrifying and comforting at the same time.
Living a selfless, God-centered life can happen in any circumstance. I don't have to travel the world to find people to love and share Jesus. I need to keep telling myself that because I get discontented sometimes with my current situation.
Speak only the truth. It sets you free.

So now onto golden summer.



p.s. this song is the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment