Monday, June 22, 2009

1st Timothy 4:12

I've been really motivated lately! I love it too. Though my summer hasn't been the FUNNEST every, it's been ...important. I think. Haha Anyway, on Sunday, my pastor preached a sermon about the verse used as a title. It's fantastic. "Let no one look down on you because you are young.." I love that verse. I think we, as young people, always think about changing the world in someway. But we think of it as something in the future. Thoughts like When I'm 18, I'll do something great. Or When I am out of college, THAT'S when I can serve God. But that's a myth that needs to be dispelled. Young people are expected to be selfish, dumb, and materialistic.

It's time to break out of the mold.

While, I am fully aware I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and solve hunger in Africa, with babysteps, I and my cohorts can make a small change in the world that matters. I'm really excited about what the rest of the summer and the year are going to bring. And I'm so ready for the challenges.

As a result of all this motivation, I'm starting a little study group for the girls at our church (since we currently have nothing). I hope God does big things, or even small things, through us, and that we glorify Him with our thoughts and actions during the time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment