Sunday, June 13, 2010

Leap Year...



I'm waiting for the World Cup game to start.

Okay, last night I watched Leap Year...so I thought I'd share some thoughts about it.
It was another predictable Chick Flick. The premise and the way the story played out was, of course, adorable. The only thing was, I hated Amy Adams. Not her, just her character. The Heroine was selfish and snooty and annoying....to the very last moment of the movie!
All this to say, I would still recommend it to watch if you like fluffy little movies that fill your time and make you feel sunshiny. (who doesn't like those every so often?!)
Two things saved this movie.
1) the breathtaking landscape of Ireland.
and
2) the breathtaking Matthew Goode.
Haha Really though, he and his character were great. His character was someone who you could relate to and had pity for. He was someone I personally would hang out with...and Amy's character was someone I would avoid. (Not to mention he is awfully good looking)
So yeah Leap Year...not a total fail, but yeah, not an epic film. Worth renting from the redbox for $1 though!
Mary Em

1 comment:

  1. I agree COMPLETELY! I don't understand it. But more and more movies are going this way. The only part of the movie where I felt anything for Amy's character was when she was just standing in her and her fiance's apartment. Just standing there realizing that her world is not what she thought it was...that her significant other is NOT significant!

    ReplyDelete