Saturday, January 15, 2011

A week of things I've never done before.

I really liked this little "Challenge". Halfway through, I thought about how silly it all was though, because I should ALWAYS look intentionally for new things to experience.
But still, it was kind of nice to document.



As you already know, on Sunday I wrote a letter on a napkin. I loved the whole look of it, so that will probably happen again.



On Monday, I helped bury two people in the snow. I don't think Chattanooga has ever really had enough snow to do that!



On Tuesday, I sledded down a hill...four at a time. I spent my week with my neighbors and their friends (all boys...it was the most interesting experience of my life). These incredibly intelligent boys came up with the idea of having two people on one sled and then tying to other sleds to the first one. That was probably the most scary thing I've done in a while. But it was also super fun.


Wednesday, I thanked my Postal Worker. I've heard of people giving their mailmen little tips and whatnot, but I didn't know how this sort of thing came about. So, instead of a tip, I gave them a Gift card to Starbucks! I made a cute little card and taped it to the front of my mailbox. I really love letters and mailpeople make letters possible! I didn't get to take a photo of this.




Thursday, I bought SIX skeins (yes, six) of yarn in one color. Finding the same die lot was quite the task. The picture above the yarn is the sweater I'm going to (attempt to) make! Wish me luck.


Yesterday, I brought a mug to starbucks for the first time. I didn't get a picture of that (sadly) but let me encourage you to bring your own mug to a coffee shop...it makes the environment all the more cozy.



And finally, today I actually KNITTED. I've tried and failed many times. But I was successful this time.
Have a great Tomorrow
Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment