Sunday, October 2, 2011

journal entry

I am a untamed thing tearing through the wilderness. I stumble through the uncharted territory with a zeal characteristic of my age. I want what I should not want. I lust for things I do not need. I know it, he, she, or they will harm me, but I am still chasing. Leaves crackle behind me, in front of me, to my left and to my right.
You are here.
You are hunting me. You are calling me.
You find me in a pit, covered in dirt. The stench of death is on me.
I am filthy and I love it. I fight Your pull. I bite Your hand and strike Your face.
You continue to pull me up from the mire.
You stroke my face as I fight your grasp and whisper "you're beautiful."
My struggling begins to cease as You hold me closer. I begin to object, but You stop me saying "I want you."
I begin to weep saying "but I am smashed to pieces. a useless vessel full of holes. I am only broken parts of what I should be"
You wrap me in peace "I want every broken part. I want to make you new."

1 comment: