Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Natural and Good


This in my time is the danger. There is great tension in the world, tension toward a breaking point, and men are unhappy and confused.
At such a time it seems natural and good to me to ask myself these questions. What do I believe in? What must I fight for and what must I fight against?
-East of Eden. Chapter 13, Part One.
John Steinback

I woke up yesterday and realized that I don't care about college.
Actually, let me re-phrase that. The things that I am most excited about that are in the future don't involve college. I love to learn and I want to succeed-BUT I'm elated that I'll be done with my undergrad in a little less than three years.
Life for me has already begun, I don't need a degree or a couple letters on a piece of paper or even a husband for it to begin.
I am going to college. So don't fret. But I'm not going to fulfill a life calling or find myself. (I'll always be searching for the latter thing so...) I'm going to further my own skills and to be challenged.
"life after college" is not something I'm afraid of, because in my mind, I'm already there.
I don't know if that makes sense to you. It makes perfect sense to me. But that's most likely because I'm young, I've had too much coffee and not enough sleep, and I rest securely in the knowledge that my life is not my own.



1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those weirdos that thinks it's overrated...probably cause I never finished...I think that bothers people. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete