Wednesday, January 11, 2012

opossum





I found a dead opossum in my yard a couple weeks ago.
so me and my funny friends took pictures with it.
you know, nothing too crazy.

I'm starting my last semester of Chattanooga State tomorrow. I thought I would be bittersweet...but I'm not.
I cannot wait until I am done. I think they do a great thing there and help many people. I just can't take the oppressive spirit of it all. The attitude of most of the students is a dark and sort of confused flippancy. The other students are pretty desperate and school is their last-ditch effort.
It's heartbreaking.
I hope I can be a little light in the darkness.
and spread what my friend calls "Mary-ness" (I go by Mary there...it's my first name on the role) everywhere.
the beginning of the end. dun dun dunnnnnnn.

3 comments:

  1. Seeing you today was a divine appt from Jesus. For real. I wanted to cry and then you were there and you were more than a little light. Then Chad came. More light. Haha I love you very much. all day err day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jen! And thanks Jessica. Seeing you was a light too!

      Delete