Wednesday, April 25, 2012

sixteen

So I can't find the thing that I wrote for this week. It's buried somewhere amongst my school notes.
But, just trying to acknowledge my own existence was something I battled with a bit this week, so I thought this (written on my birthday of this year) would be okay to substitute for now.


the wind is beating strong against me.
the clouds move fast.
even the birds that flee to the sky are being tossed by this monster wind.
still I sit.
cold?
a bit.
my eyes follow the motions of the large river before me.
I am completely aware of my existence.
I exist.
in time, in space, in earth.
you exist too.
feel it wash over you.
-the wind and the existence.
they are both curses and gifts.
the wood I am perched on feels firm.
the wind beats her breathy fists on the metal holding me above the water.
I laugh at the wind
-saying "you can't move me. I exist.
I am real.
I am staying." I say,
"you can run wherever you want.
but you cannot soar through me."
I know that I live.
I exist.
you exist too, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment