Wednesday, December 26, 2012

fifty two

year of our lord
two thousand and twelve:

to you, two thousand and twelve.

to the calming explorations of sounds the half-hearts, and the icy bridges. 
oh the abundant sunshine for all of the rambunctious law-breakers. 
how it did rain in the morning, how the heartache did swell in the evening, and all throughout
the glorious mountains remained.
the mountains who reminded me that grace and love and faith are abundant. 
divine blood filling the empty cups and the birthday of no one terribly important. 
all of the lazy artists, the do-nothings of society, thinking thoughts and creating beautiful things.
remember the adventure unparalleled? the pure hearts? the young dreams? the faithful Father?
trees with ghostly white petals.
stars in the sky. 
a friend who died.
and a thank you note to those dear little ones who kept me alive. 
the living too large and dying too old.
the trying to exist in reality. 
the comfort of darkness.
the joy of being in the presence of light. 
the blowing of too many kisses and that little ginger candy obsession. 
the notes to self. 
my pink, freckled shoulders.
the number nineteen.
many lazy lightening bugs. 
this dirty city and this filthy heart.
my beautiful ayiti, who takes turns haunting me and comforting me daily. 
a noodle-crazed panda. 
the fact that my friends are not sailors. 
old canoes and rough living. 
singing crickets and singing chad. 
Jesus the man who knew what it was like. 
the truly believing.
the river, so full of peace. 
those flashbulb memories. 
when i couldn't come out and really say "iloveyou".
the waning moon and the dying sun. 
the fact that i'm disappointing, my dear. 
those panic-stricken birds. 
the missingmissingmissing. 
scary/happy/lovely/nice/strange dreams. 
mysaltytears. 
mymountains. 
the no good heart that was so wrong. 
the fictional story about my dear sister and misplaced love. 
my love-affair with roan mt. 
may day merry making.
reminding myself to sieze the day. 
remember how i diagnosed myself with selective attention deficit disorder?
oh and those moon walkers
and that divine little boy doomed to die because he loves us and is obedient to his father
and finally, all of the children screaming for peace.
i have survived the end of the world.
i have seen love.
i have witnessed the strength that only grace can supply.
i have been reminded of my own darkness.
i have been comforted with the fact that it is not my own any longer.
life has gone on.
the breathing has begun. 

may grace and peace come to you, next year.
and may the love of Christ infest and infect you so i have no choice but to accept it.

thus ends fifty two weeks of writing.
thus begins a lifetime more.

No comments:

Post a Comment