Monday, February 1, 2010

Time to talk things out

I love this man. So every post in February will have a quote by him. Like this one:
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. "

Hm I have this friend, Bethany...and she's a great blogger. Just thought I'd let you know.

Lately, I've been have not been myself. I think I've complained about this alot recently. But it's really strange. I'm usually a very self-motivated person. Ever since highschool started, I've had a fire burning within me to succeed. As of this year, it's disappeared. I now wander around the house, instead of doing homework. Instead of going outside and getting active, I watch TV. Seriously, I used to never really WANT to watch TV. All yesterday, when I could've been doing both things, I sat on Facebook, checked the blogs I suscribe to (I didn't even blog), and emailed some people. The only thing I have motivation to do is practice my harp, but after thirty minutes, it becomes a chore.
So now, I'm calmly and collectively asking "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?"
I'm praying and hoping I can get out of this fog of unproductiveness that I'm in. (yeah, spell check, I know that unproductiveness is not a word, deal with it)
So here is my plan: For the next week (until next Monday), I'm going to wake up an hour earlier than I do usually and exercise. Also, I'm going to make sure that I do not do anything fun until a sufficient amount of my school work is accomplished. (see, I love the feeling of finishing things and conquering school, but I haven't even been doing that lately) I know this is extreme, but I seriously need some self-discipline in my life.
Wish me luck.

Three other things that are completely irrelevant to what I've been rambling on and on about:
#1) I didn't blog about "Letters to my little sisters" last week. But I will this week
#2) I'm going to do a movie review! Weird huh?
#3) The project for this week (along with all of the crazy things I'm doing *see above paragraph*) I'm reconstructing my brother's old sweatshirt into a cute shirt. It's sooo soft inside, there's no way I could just throw it away.

Okay friends, have a great week...and get motivated!
Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment