Wednesday, May 11, 2011

lesson....learned?


Today was the last creek kids of the semester. and maybe the last one I can make until late July.
21 candy bags were made, bubbles were purchased, and face paint was packed. When my faithful helpers and I arrived at Rainbow Creek, no children were waiting on the playground as we've so often seen before. After knocking on some doors and asking around, three children came.

Three.

We've averaged 8-12 kids for this whole semester. For the last big blast, three kids are there. At this point, I'm thinking "so uh, God, what are you trying to say here?"... By the end of the night, after layers and layers of face paint were applied to my face, I was so happy we came.

I'm still wondering what exactly God wanted me to learn. Maybe He wanted to humble me, or maybe He wanted me to learn to rely on others, or maybe I'm not really supposed to know what He was doing right now. I'm kind of clueless.
All this to say, Creek Kids has been such a blessing and I cannot and will not ever forget all of the kids that came.

Hopefully, I'll see them this summer sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment