Tuesday, February 7, 2012

six

the note on my palm simply reads "go."
to the mountains I am called to live among the trees.
I'll never be yours, that's something you should know.
the look upon your face betrays your disbelief.
betrays your disbelief.

my dear, I cannot love another.
my friend, I can't keep loving you.

I'm left with my dark thoughts and pocket watch.
I watch the days pass and quietly grow old.
you're left with your strange ideas and cold young blood.
you still walk the streets with your head hung low.
your head hung low.

my dear, I cannot love another.
my friend, I can't keep loving you.

my dear, I'm bound to this sky and this mountain.
my heart is tied with an earthen string.
so you'd do your best to just move on.
you'd do your best to stop loving me.
please stop loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment