Thursday, March 17, 2011

Constant Comment

For Japan.
You're in my prayers.


Yesterday, I was really overwhelmed by love and excitement (and too much caffeine) so I couldn't think straight enough to share what a great day I had.
Wednesdays are generally fantastic. It starts with God, coffee, and good friends in the morning-so obviously the rest of the day is great.
Yesterday was especially good because I met with Amy and had a really in-depth conversation with her about our generation. I'll write about that some other time.
Then I had Creek Kids.
The most amazing thing happened. TEN kids were there. I counted. Also (quick flashback) two summers ago I was in charge of crafts for Creek Kids (then just "rainbow creek"). I met the cutest little boy named KJ. We joked around the whole summer and I really missed him. So I walk up last night, and there stands KJ. And I said "Hi! KJ! You probably don't remember me!" and He just smiles and says "Emily!".
My heart was melted to pieces by this time. I know in my heart that God wants me and the others to continue witnessing to the children of rainbow creek.
After Rainbow Creek, I sped downtown (not really...but sorta) to the Warehouse to see John Mark McMillan (see last post) play music.
To be honest, I didn't really know much of his stuff besides "How He Loves" and "Skeleton Bones". His music style isn't my favorite, but his lyrics definitely compensate for that. He spoke about how he doesn't want to make a commercial out of his music. He wants to make art. I thought that was really important. Check him out. Even if you don't like his music, read his lyrics and just appreciate them.
Mary Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment