Thursday, March 22, 2012

twelve

for micah cox.



I looked at the sky last night and guessed which star was you.

you left us all behind yesterday the minute you flew to your father’s arms.

I didn’t know you well.

but I saw you.

I saw you walking and laughing and living. 

then I heard.
I heard that you would walk and laugh and live no more.
my heart broke a bit for those you loved most, for I’m sure that they love you.

I wept because of death and the terrible sadness it brings.

I didn’t weep for you, though.
no you are a bright star, a heavenly thing now.
you are safe.
quite safe from harm.
and you are home.
oh star you will be missed here on earth but ever remembered and admired.
when we see you in the sky.

I want to live a good life.
I want to care so much for others it hurts. (because it will)
I want to love people so much it kills me.

1 comment: