Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ohhhh Kathy

Because of my new fantastical camera, I've taken bunches of pictures. This past weekend my two gloriously curly-headed friends, Kate and Bethany, did a bird shoot based on Go Do by Jonsi. I'll post those soon.




I have so many thoughts on my mind, but I need to ration my thought sharing or else it will look like my mind threw up onto your computer screen. Graphic picture, but so true.

I guess the biggest thing on my mind is this:

People change. Things change. Friendships change. These facts of life have smacked me in the face this year. After 16 years of pretty much perfect friendships where the ones who mean the most last and the ones you don't need cancel out themselves, I have issues. (that was a horrific run-on)
So yeah. Don't hold on to things too dearly. Don't become friends with someone to quickly. Don't think that people will always be the same. and above all Do not base your happiness on a friend. Just don't do it. They'll unintentionally take your heart and stick it in a shredder.

After all this I need a disclaimer.
I have discovered all this this year. And yes, it's been a tough year. BUT. God has given me so much peace. I don't need other people to make me happy because I have Him.

Anyway. That's what's on my mind.
Mary Em

p.s. The title is from Hot Rod. I watched it for the first time last night and laughed until I cried. Ah. I love Andy Samberg

2 comments:

  1. This is all very true, but still very sad. It stays this way, too, since people are always fallen and don't grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, thank you for that! ive needed to hear that over the past week

    ReplyDelete