Thursday, April 22, 2010

curly top.

Right now, you cannot see my head.BUT if you could, you would see some curly hair sticking out from under a hat. and if I took off that hat. Boy oh boy. You'd see an absolutely Annie-like fro.
Prom is this Friday, and since my hair is shaggy and BADLY in need of a trim, I decided to curl it. So I tested it out. And after it relaxes...which takes...a while, it looks quite nice. So we'll see.

ANYWHO
I am in the Chatt state library again today because my dad and I have started to ride to school/work together in the mornings. I quite like being up before the sun is.

I happen to have my journal, and I found something to share. I'm not quite sure if I want to develop it as a story or leave it as a short snippet of poetryishness. What do you think?

Sometimes she would pull out the sweet letters of the months and years gone by.
All the while thinking, This is our love
Every note felt like a specter from the past.
They reminded her of a happiness she had not felt since he had left this world.
Ghosts of things that had been crowded into the small bedroom.
Two cold tears fell from her eyes-"Calm, wondrous eyes" as described in one letter.
They rolled down her cheeks.
One was caught in a crease on her face-a crease made from countless smiles and frequent laughter.
The other tear slid over her lips-lips that once held a welcoming, friendly grin, but now were continually pursed in thoughtfulness.
The clouds rolled into the sky as she stared out her foggy window,
And a soft pulse was created by the falling rain.

Do you like it? I'm not quite sure how I feel about it...
Have a nice, sunny Thursday!
Mary Em

Oh, three things from Chatt state:
1)yesterday I had a lovely time at Starbucks with two friends. One new, one old.
2)I'm seriously considering getting a perm.
3) If I don't get a perm, I'm going to cut my hair like this

1 comment:

  1. ahh i have ALWAYS wanted a pixie cut. its been a life long dream... but sadly i cant with my curls :(

    ReplyDelete