Tuesday, December 13, 2011

a few late-night thoughts

I've said it over and over again, here and everywhere else: God provides exactly what you need. With finals taking over my life and the bittersweet taste of Nutcracker in my mouth, I spent much of today wondering why I even study. I became overwhelmed with the fact that I don't want to study or take tests or anything. I really just want to sit with friends and really enjoy their company-instead of having a small, mean-spirited, nagging ghost called "Exams" haunting me. I have a huge exam tomorrow. I was thinking about going to bed and just calling it a day, but something, I think my conscience, kicked in and shook me by the shoulders (figuratively, of course. it may be late, but I don't think I'm quite that insane) and said "Mary Emily Vatt. Study. You have the power and wisdom and peace of an eternal God in you. Don't fret. Just do what you do and He'll do what He does in you."
Crazy right?
God provides weird "Aha!" moments when you need them.
He also provides good phone parties, study parties, and gluten free finals snacks.
I am continuously and eternally blessed with the kindness of my friends. I just can't wait until I can completely enjoy them.
Oh well. Time to study some more.

1 comment:

  1. I pray they will go so much better than you imagine and be over VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete