Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hm








Hi friends
or maybe not?
Tonight in youth, the speakers spoke about how to determine your true friends and just buds. Jesus had twelve-plus friends, but he really loved John and Peter. It's weird that they were speaking about that, because that very thing has been on my mind lately. There are many things I've been discovering lately about people. And it's come to my attention that my true friends are few and far between. this doesn't mean I love the other people less, or even that I hang out with them less, it just means that that friendship isn't as deep or as effortless. There are a lot of people in my life that I have to work to be there friend, just because man is sinful. That's how things goes. But there are a couple others that they accept me, I accept them, there isn't any catty arguments going on, we don't spend the whole time we're together gossiping or raving about things, we just talk, and hang out, and have a good time.

Have you ever looked at something beautiful, and this wonderful feeling bubbles up in you and you want to just let it out someway, but you can't? That's how I feel. About everything. I can let that feeling out, but only in small increments-through photography. I can only let the smallest bit out through music, because although I'm expressing it, I'm expressing it to someone else melodies and rhythms. So my project I'm giving myself for the coming years is to create things. REALLY creat things. Like write poetry, and songs, and music, and paint, and sew, and...well the list goes on.

Lastly
CHRISTMAS IS COMING! This year, it seems it is coming way too fast though. I am not ready. Christmas means that three of my friends are turning 18. It means, that almost a whole year has gone...and what have I really done that's worth anything?
Have a wonderful week.
Mary Em

2 comments:

  1. Yes, those speakers tonight were awesome. I really got a lot out of their message. All of that is stuff I'm dealing with right now too.
    I wanted to thank you for being such a truly awesome friend. Those are rare, and I feel like you're someone I really do consider and need as a true friend in every way. Thank you for that! You're definitely a friend I need.

    Btw, I really like these pics! Where were they taken? And I like what you said about photography. *sigh* You talk like a photographer.
    And about song writing, I don't remember exactly what you said in the airport about growing old and marrying or something, but they really were good! And with a little editing, they could be awesome song lyrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! I am so glad that I can be here for you. You are one of my really close friends as well, and I think this summer wouldn't have been as memorable with out you!

    Thanks, in branson! hahah Thanks.
    Yep, I'm actually working on that one...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete