Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Holy holy holy

Hi there,
right now I sound like Rachel Ray when I talk...hmmm, attractive.

Anywho, I went on a youth retreat this past weekend and I must say, it was not as relaxing as I'd hoped. It was wonderful though, and I definitely feel spiritually renewed and ready to face the rest of the year.

In the past, it has come to my attention that I overcommit myself. Like uh here. There even have been times where I get so stressed I make myself sick. Like now. But, I'm so stubborn I can't give up anything or say "no" to anyone, so I'm stuck in this vicious cycle of crashing every couple months and being miserable.

But no more.

This weekend, during the retreat, I came down with a cold. I thought it was just a little one and would be cured by now (four days later) but no, I'm still feeling HORRIBLE. I realized once and for all that something has to go or I won't survive my highschool years. I'm prayerfully considering what I'm going to cut from my schedule, since right now I really do love everything I'm doing.

BUT this has to happen.

I also have a sad thing to tell you...Before the school year started, I bought a bright, shiny, white, new sketchpad and some vibrant new colored pencils. They're both still in their wrapper. *sigh* how I wish I had time to paint and draw and read...

Have a good day, and wash your hands if you come in contact with me =)

Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment