Monday, January 25, 2010

Grapefruit Pomegranate Juice ROCKS

A little bit of time spent inside my own mind.

I found myself in a dark hallway. A noise reached my ears. I turned to my left to find a small door labeled "mind". I cautiously opened it, checking to see if anyone was around. I shall try my best to describe what I saw and heard. A cool, pleasant wind was blowing. The wind carried songs and their lyrics. Great symphonies, as well as the contemplations of songwriters would catch my ear. Were there people? Why yes. It seemed like hundreds of people were crowded in the small room. I saw my closest friends, my family, and acquaintances, as well as people I did not know. There were tiny children huddled in a corner. Their ragged clothes barely covering their bruise bodies. Instead of colors on the walls, there were words, some beautiful, some so profane I cannot write them here. Everything was rather loud and very chaotic. I pushed past the people around me. When I arrived into the middle of the room, everything was still. A peace swelled within me. Although the area appeared empty, I felt a presence there like no other. I wanted to stay, but I knew I should find the exit. Unpleasant things came next. There was no one in this part of the room, just darkness. The sounds of strife and pain crowded into my ears. I blindly tried to find the way out. My hands felt something cold. I turned it and pushed. The door swung open and I awoke in an instant. I rubbed my eyes, wondering what had just happened. My mother entered the room. Seeing the undone homework, she asked, "What's taking you so long?" I shook my head, " I don't really know. I guess I have a lot on my mind."

Project four: unknown.

Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment