Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm in love with Vienna!

I just watched a movie from 1938 about Strauss. True, it was horribly filmed and acted, but the music made me reconsider the statement I've made saying that impressionistic music is my favorite...romantic music has a lot going for it.
I had a horrible day...
But looking back on it, I feel like it worked itself out. It's funny how God works...



I loved the vintage look of the picture of alyssa and the van, since I have an irrational fear of even numbers, I added this picture from a sleepover. I quite like the look of this.


It snowed where I live! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?
seriously, it was majestical. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted...but oh well. This one belongs in an Outdoor World catalog or something.



I kinda adore this dress that Jenny Garner and I share...Without the sweater, I looked very 60's with my hair =)

So I went thrifting today. Not hard-core thrifting. Just plain =) But I did find three things.
THING #1) An adorable plaid skirt that my wardrobe was lacking. It has big gold buttons down the side.
THING #2) The flannel shirt of my dreams. Actually, it's not even flannel, it's wool. Pendleton wool to be exact. It was $108 originally, I got it for $3. =) I love it because it's a real, lumberjacky...flannelly (wooly) shirt. Not a sissy shirt from a women's store.
THING #3) An off-white lace shirt. I have been looking for one of these since I saw this in a Free People catalog. It's not quite the same, but it's beautiful and I'm so Psyched that I found it!

Bad day turned good.
BAM!

Have a beautiful Wednesday!

Mary Em

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the outfits you put those new items into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The King of Waltz is the man! And I love that dress on you. I have been very determined NOT to revisit the 80's (yuck), but you girls are keep making me think...hmmm...well THAT'S kinda cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Indy!
    Haha He really is! Thanks so much! well....yeah I know I kinda border tacky sometimes...but hey! You only live once =)

    ReplyDelete