Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas!

There are so many good Christmas songs that I could post lyrics to...but I won't.

I want to make this quick because it's CHRISTMAS EVE! and I have lots to do before tomorrow.

Yesterday, I decorated cookies with a friend and made a very impressive gingerbread land out of ...graham crackers....so a graham cracker land. Anyway, it's impressive and I'll post pictures next week sometime. I'm going out of town tomorrow, so...I won't be able to blog =(
I love Christmas...not just the songs, food, fuzzy feelings, or food. Yeah I said food twice. But I love the meaning behind it. Christmas is completely a holiday of love. And if you thought that was cheesy, just read some more...
Yesterday, I went caroling with some friends that I dearly love. There is a house in their neighborhood that always puts up MASSIVE decorations during Christmas time and is dubbed "The Christmas House". This year, they didn't put up any. We went and caroled at their dark house. A darling woman opened the door. After we were done singing (we were like wee angels...not) "O Holy Night" and "We wish you a merry Christmas" . I looked up. Tears were streaming from the woman's eyes. I was so touched that our simple action made the woman so happy. We reminded her of Christmas. REAL Christmas. When we were caroling at another house, the owner's mentioned that the "Christmas house family" had an illness in the family, and that's why they didn't do lights this year. I was so happy that we could bring a little Christmas cheer to what seemed a cheerless house.
Yep, it's cheesy, but that's one of the reasons why I LOVE Christmas.

The things I love has come to an end. I was going to do it til the end of the year, but I want to start brainstorming on something more exciting that I can start New Year's. I love so many things, and I'll continue to share them...just not in a list and so often =)

Have a blessed Christmas. Remember why we have Christmas. Love people, give big hugs, smile and laugh lots, and make beautiful memories that will last forever.

Happy christmas!

Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment