Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some thoughts on a blustery New year's Eve.

I had forgotten how wonderful digital photography was! This is Jamie as the Snow Queen in the Nutcracker. She was beautiful.



We took a picture like this summer '08. We decided to revisit the concept, Nutcracker style.



A silly poem I wrote last night:
Old paths and bright memories.

Walking on a road covered with dead leaves
Melodic words flow from within our hearts and minds
Released into the atmosphere through song
The air, so sharp and cold
Is warmed by our breath
Creating small clouds that fade in an instant
The tree's shadows lay on your face
The sun's rays make your eyes shine
And the chilling wind plays with your hair
My heart leaps a little, causing me to smile
Oh dear friend of mine, I think, I wish we could take walks more often...

Hi there!
I finally posted pictures. Yay.
So here's the big unveiling of my resolutions. (yes, there's more than one...)

*drum roll*
Big Resolution #1:
To accomplish at least one project a week. This means I will finish at least 52 projects. The projects will range from organizing my room, to making a camera strap, to finding a way to recycle all my camp t-shirts. I looked at this and thought way too easy but...it's actually going to be a big challenge. Jenny and I are going to tackle this together. I'm pretty raring and ready to get going.

Big Resolution #2:
To lose at least ten pounds. I'm not one of those superficial girls that's like "I NEED TO BE A SIZE TWO!" but, I would like to maintain a healthy wait and get fit. So, I'm going to try to exercise at least three days a week and keep a journal of what I eat. Crazy? yes. Can I do it? Heck yes.

Anyway, there you go! Starting tomorrow, I'm going to tackle these things with a zeal like no other. And blog about the whole thing =)

I hope the new year brings bountiful blessings and wonderful experiences like no other.

Mary Em

6 comments:

  1. Oooo! Emily, those are good resolutions!
    You know, if you run that race with me tonight you'd be off to a good start on #2.... PLLLLEEAAAASSSSEEE???????? Okay, I know the answer to that one. I tried....
    But hey, I need to work on #2 too (haha two too hahaha), so, let's go running on Tuesdays and Thursdays together!
    Oh yeah, and I really like your pics!
    And the poem was REALLY GOOD! Not at all cheesy like you said it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen you girls in the Nutcracker this year, but I didn't know about it until I saw all the lovely pics. Great resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sara...haha...

    Aw it's okay Mrs. Ruth! Thanks! I hope you're blessed this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOOO glad you put those nutcracker pics on! They're gorgeous! and I love your resolutions...aaaaah...I don't have any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love that third picture!
    I don't think I'm going to be doing 52 projects. When summer comes around I won't be here to do anything. I think I'll just do one for each week of the school year, however many weeks that is. Kinda sad, but that means you can write me every week and tell me about your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mrs. Mindy! Hahaha I'm sure you'll think of some.
    Thanks Jen!
    Too bad. But I understand. (It's okay...yeah) I will1 I am looking forward to being pen pals with you!

    ReplyDelete