Saturday, December 19, 2009

Simply havin, a wonderful christmastime.

Tacky Christmas! I went to the Sr. High Progressive dinner last night for our church. The plan was for all the girls to wear tacky sweaters...I ended up being the only one. Haha oh well!
So I did it. I donated my hair. I cut off ELEVEN inches! I'm not sure if I like it still. But I'm sure it will grow on me. I am having the best Christmas break! Since thursday, I've been to two parties, wrapped most of my Christmas presents, made a hat, written some christmas cards, and watched three movies. Life is good.

Last night, I watched Julie&Julia. In spite of it's obvious political agenda, it was a pretty cute movie. The plot was quick moving and interesting. Amy Adams was adorable, no duh. I definitely think that it was sad though, that the "blog" was Julie's only source of purpose. Hm.

Anyway, afterwards, I wanted to cook and blog like crazy. So I did! I made little quiches for a party I'm going to today. You know what they NEVER show in any cooking shows or movies? The dishes part. I love cooking. But after I was done with the quiche I had to face a mountain of cutting boards, knives, and measuring things. It didn't take me long or anything...but I hate that part.

Anyway, I hope you have the best day. I know I've had a great one so far. This Christmas feels like it's going to be the best yet. No joke.

Things I love-Family edition: I've already been thankful for my parents so...
1) My brother Jonathan. He's earthy and humble and unique. I love him and he's going to make SUCH a great dad. He also was one of the people who introduced me to good music in middle school.
2) My brother Kevin-He's like my body guard. I know if I ever have trouble in any way, I can call him and he'll beat up somebody for me. =)
3) Kyle-He's loud and funny, and excited about life. Despite all of our many differences, I love him =) He's also my twin, according to some people.
4) Victoria-She's crafty, artistic as all get out...I do love that about her. She can be veryyy spoiled, but sometimes we have the most fun together.
5) Jennie Vatt-My first sis-in-law. I know when she married Jonathan I was a little nervous. Okay, I was crushed. I felt like someone had stolen my brother away. But now I treasure Jennie so much and cannot imagine life without her! she's so inspired and such a dreamer. I love her so much.
6) Brandi Vatt-The newest addition to our family. She's so sweet and quiet. I love her smile and her sense of humor. Her and Kevin are perfect for eachother!
7) BABY VATT!- He/She isn't here yet (just a month left!) But I'm already in love with it. I know he or she is going to be one of the coolest kids around! =)
8) Grandma and Grandpa "Karl"-They live in Arizona (which is gorgeous by the way). My Grandmother is a fantastic cook and is so sweet. My grandpa tells hilarious stories and has taught me many life lessons.
9) Grandma and Granpa Wilkin- They live in Texas! My grandma is a very interesting person. She likes unique things and has strong opinions. My Grandpa is so so so sweet. He plays golf and cards. We have played some great rounds of poker together. =)
10) Uncle Rick and Aunt Sharon- They're my closest family outside of my close family. if that makes sense. Uncle rick is a lot like my dad. He grows things. He used to make salsa so hot that you would practically explode when you ate it =) He's quiet and sweet. My aunt Sharon is one of the most amazing women ever. She's patient and has a gift for interior decorating. She loves My sister and I like we're her kids.

There you go. I'm going to try to make some stencils to make shirts before the party tonight! =)
I promise, I'll be wayy more diligent with my blogging now that it's Christmas break. I'll also begin posting more pictures!

Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment