Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thoughts

I got an email today that made me think. Made me think harder than I have since ...well forever.

I went to camp this summer with a really cool girl. She was a great Christian and one of the funniest people I've ever met. Her boyfriend came for the ball at the end of the week. They were adorable and perfect for eachother. He was 20 she was 18. I received an email today telling me that Trent (the boyfriend) had been accidentally shot by his brother and yesterday, he died.
Now I'm completely aware of the fact that death is a normal thing. But this hit me harder than I thought it would.

Cara was over at my house and sat in silence as I read the message and gasped in disbelief. I had met this guy. He was young and wonderful to be around. I cannot even fathom what his family, his friends, and Avery are going through.

Then I thought-how fortunate am I to have life? I am a spoiled brat that wakes up every day, barely mumbling a prayer of thankfulness to my GREAT God. I rarely think-Wow! I'm awake! Thanks God! and even less often than that do I think, Jeez! I'm so fortunate! my parents are alive too! and even less...well you get the idea.

I thought about how much I treasure my friends, family, and people I just know. There are some people in my life, I really don't know what I'd do without them. I can't even imagine what Avery is feeling right now.
Pray for her. And pray for Trent's family (the Locketts). Pray for consolation and peace. Pray for them to turn to Jesus for their peace and nothing else.

Also, wake up and think about what you do and say. I love you guys. And I'm thankful for each and every one of you. =)

Things I love:
1) getting flour on my face when I cook.
2) making Christmas cookies
3) Decorating Gingerbread.
4)Going thrifting
4) Walking to Micah's
5) new music!
6) closing my eyes...and knowing that I am His.
7) mittens....and blue satin sashes =P
8) Computers...
9) CAMERAS
10) Crazy hibachi chefs...

Mary Em

1 comment:

  1. Life is such a fragile thing that is often not recognized for its full value. We ARE spoiled. And ungrateful. I'll definitely keep his family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete