Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh fallen world

To you is the song, death holds you fast and night tarries long,
Jesus is born, your curse to destroy!
Sweet to your ears, a carol...of joy.

so sweet to my ears.


Hi guys. I really had a great day and that's a nice change from the past three days...

Things I love and and that I'm oh so thankful for:
1) My sight. I'll get into this in a second.
2) THIS-I have mentioned before that I'm literally in love with Wade Johnston. True story. I'm determined that he's pretty much the most handsome male on this earth.
3) The sky tonight. It was absolutely gorgeous. The moon looks like the sun it's so bright. And the clouds are a lovely gray...gosh.
4) Christmas Choir. Or just choir on wednesday nights in general. It's so fun to get together with everyone and just sing. I love it.
5) Wednesday morning servant team meetings. I'm so thankful for those. They help me understand so many things about being a leader (or even just a good person...)
6) Sharpies. I love sharpies.
7) Running water! I took a shower tonight, a hot shower! Thank you, God!
8) Chattanooga State. Okay, I complain about it all the time. But without it, I wouldn't get all the opportunities I've gotten so far. I also value the experience.
9) ...-I use that all the time, and I really appreciate it...
10) Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, GENE KELLY, Fred Astaire, and so many other incredibly handsome, talented actors that were oh so classy. I miss them all and wish they were here.

Okay,

So there's a little girl at our church named Erin. She's had lots of health problems since she was born. She's now around four and tonight I found out she is blind in one eye. That's not the worst of it. Erin has a condition where she has a 50% chance of completely going blind in the years to come. They're encouraging the parents to teach her braille, how to walk with the stick thing, etc.
My heart sank when I heard this. I'm so selfish in thinking of myself, but I literally IMMEDIATELY thought, wow, I'm so glad I can see. It's true though. God's universe is so fantastic and mighty and beautiful. I don't miss out on anything. Erin sees/will see a whole different world from what I do. I wonder what that world will be like. Pray for Erin. Pray for a miracle in her life. I pray that no matter what, she will love God's creation, and be able to experience it. Even if it's in a different way.
I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Mary Em

No comments:

Post a Comment