Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh how the wind tussles my hair...

Things I love/am thankful for:
1) Wednesday night church. The supper is great, the fellowship is great. I love my church.
2)I just found this picture... hahahahha
3) long phone conversations. I had an incredibly wonderful talk with Micah tonight. I love him and miss him very much! I cannot wait until Christmas break!
4) Christmassy cookies!
5) pointe shoes...Okay, I know I've complained about them a little...okay TONS. But I do like them and I'm glad I'm strong enough to dance on them.
6) Graphing calculators. I thought about this as I did tons of math homework tonight. Without it...I shudder to think about what it'd be like...
7) Sweaters. Have I talked about them yet? Well lets..talk about them. They're freakin' wonderful. there you go. 'nuff said.
8) My Bible. I could be cliche and say "The Bible" but I specifically LOVE my Bible. It's NAS and marked up a ton. I stumble upon old notes and smile every time I read them. I love the feel of it's pages and the sound they make when I turn them...hmmm I just love my Bible.
9) I'm so thankful for the fact that I live in Chattanooga. It's a little town and stuff. But it's lovely and artsy and friendly. I love it.
10) I'm thankful that I have 31 sheets of photo paper to work with tomorrow. YES!



I had a fantastic day. And when I say fantastic. I mean it. I have been incredibly busy and tired and such. And when I've had free time, I've squandered it in ridiculous ways. (like sleeping)
This morning, at "servant team" or whatever, I was talking to Bethany and Chris about how I'm stressed out and such. They listened and took my "pearl" of what's going on in my life. Something that Chris had said earlier hit home, though. We're reading through 1st Peter (well now we're done) and it ends with "Peace be with you..." Christians are called to be a peaceful people. We're not called to be uptight and stressed. I went to Chatt state thinking about all I needed to get done. I was also thinking of the fact I only had one sheet of paper left, and so many photos to reprint. God is so good. A really sweet girl (I didn't even learn her name) in the Photo and darkroom two class, had 30 sheets of paper left. She sold all thirty sheets to me for 10 bucks. Crazy huh?
After that, I sat waiting for my mom under a tree, on a bench. The wind was violent today. I mean VIOLENT. So I just laid there, and listened to Andrew Bird. I realized then that God wanted me to forget all of my school and such for an hour or so, and think about HIM and HIS creation and what HE has for me in my life. I opened my Bible to the Psalms. It fell open to Psalm 63. David is a beautiful poet. I love that Psalm as it depicts a soul thirsting for God. Anywho, I'm not a poetry person...so don't judge. But I wrote this as I waited for my mom:



Every gust of Wind says in a low tone
He wants you
The swirling Leaves echo the wind's words.
The Grass sings as they shake.
He loves you, they sing.
He wants you, the Wind says.
The Wind grows stronger and stronger,
Tearing through the Leaves,
Its cry growing louder.
The Grass's subtle song becomes a tempestuous aria,
Full of straining notes and clashing percussion.
All this time, I sit on a bench, unaware of the chaos that is around me.
The Sun streams on my face,
Turning my hair fiery auburn with its light.
In an instant I hear the choir-like Grass.
I understand the rustling Wind's words.
I leap to my feet, confused frightened and amazed.
Why?! I shout above the noise.
The Grass becomes hushed.
The Wind stills.
Why? I whisper to myself.
Because He loves you! cries a small blade of Grass.
But why is that?
Because He loves you! says a large Leaf as it drifts gracefully to the ground.
But WHY does He love me?!
Because He loves you.
the Wind answers.
As I begin to question why again,
The patch of Grass calms.
The Leaves are still.
The Wind blows on to the next burdened soul that needs to hear its message.
Moments later, and miles away it seems, I hear voices crying
He wants you...
He loves you...
Then a questioning voice, asking why.


4 comments: